Sunday, November 4, 2007

Body Map of Ashley

Location: My Psyche

Cause: Trying to be cool by downing more twisted apple vodka than my friends thinking I could handle it using Sunny-D as a chaser

Diagnosis: Alcohol Poisoning later followed by a mad hangover and a 3 month grounding sentence.

Treatment: Sleep and water

Follow-up: I am not able to think about Twisted apple vodka, or sunny-D for that matter, without getting the urge to vomit.


Location: My lips

Cause: Hormones.

Diagnosis: My First kiss

Treatment: Convincing myself it happened by kissing him again (it wasn’t as good)

Follow-up: Still makes me dizzy thinking about it.


Location: The tips of my hair.

Cause: Years of color torture and neglect.

Diagnosis: Split ends

Treatment: An occasional haircut and a cutback on dyes.

Follow-up: Healthier, but needs further healing time from all the abuse.


Location: My right ear cartilage

Cause: A childish desire to be more “hardcore”

Diagnosis: Cartilage ear infection

Treatment: Cleaning with alcohol, and sleeping on my left side for 8 months.

Follow-up: A healthy semi-permanent ear piercing


Location: My right bicep at the arm crease.

Cause: Being Alive.

Diagnosis: Birthmark.

Treatment: Pretending its not there and hope over time it will fade.

Follow-up: Not as obvious, but instead of being ashamed, am rather fond of my butterfly shaped friend that I am now quite accustomed to.


Location: My left wrist

Cause: My pathetic attempt at tattooing myself.

Diagnosis: Ink filled scratch

Treatment: Scrub out remaining ink, and hope to god it goes away.

Follow-up: A faded circular scar.


Location: My thighs and Confidence.

Cause: Ignorance and lack of exercise.

Diagnosis: Cellulite and a Lowered Self Confidence (Mild Depression)

Treatment: New Eating habits and Exercise

Follow-up: Looking better and Feeling better (mentally and physically)



Location: My whole body

Cause: My obsession with running around outside nude as an infant.

Diagnosis: Sunburn red and peely skin

Treatment: Tons of aloe vera and wearing clothes on every outlandish escapade ever since.

Follow-up: Hundreds of freckles intruding upon my fleshy self.

3 comments:

norhannah said...

Ashley, I really liked your body map. Especially the first kiss part, who was it with? ;]

You did perfectly fine with it babyyyy~

Ashley B. said...

Jamie Mills.
Lol.

Traingirl said...

Ashley,
Your map is deliciously honest. I love how you combine self-created "scars" with things you were born with. It speaks to both a common desire and a common necessity, I think--to play with altering ourselves but to somehow accept ourselves as we are as well. Lifelong work, I'm guessing. Your map provides a nice road map for this!
-Kimi