Saturday, January 26, 2008

Artists statement.

Im part of a girls writing workshop, and we were challenged to come up with a topic that was extremely important to us, and find a way to use our words to get our point across. Well I went through lists of controversial topics in my mind, things I was for, things I was against, then I suddenly realized what I thought was the biggest problem of all, happiness. Lately we’ve all been so wrapped up in war and abortion this and abortion that, so much so that we’ve forgotten to just look around and appreciate everything we have. We as a nation are so accoustomed to only noticing the negative things in our lives, and soon we’re so blinded by all that negative energy its really hard to find the positive. So what I’ve done is picked things that were insightful, or just funny that I’ve said and others around me have said and I put them on leaves. My goal is to make one person smile. My goal is change one persons day, and hopefully get them to turn a new leaf in their lives.

No comments: