Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We'll end up where we were.

Everything that keeps me together is falling apart,
I've got this thing that I consider my only art of fucking people over
My boss just quit the job says he's goin' out to find blind spots and he'll do it
The 3rd Planet is sure that they're being watched by an eye in the sky that can't be stopped - Modest Mouse


I have a hard time understanding people who walk with heavy feet. I know this sounds crazy, let me explain. There's a certain way some people walk, like my mother. They walk with this quick meaningful step, and they slap their feet down. Imagine a quick thud thud thud thud. It breaks my heart a little bit hearing walks like this. It's almost like people with this walk fear that they're going to run out of time before they get where they're going or before they can do what they've got to do. I am not saying that we have an infinite amount of time. If anyone in the universe is aware of the fact that time runs out, and quick, it's me.
But to these quick paced people it's almost like they are going through life trying to live it as fast as they can, because they feel like they'll run out of time. I believe everything happens for a reason, that when we die it's just our time. You cannot try to live your life trying to predict when that time will come, just enjoy every second, minute and hour of this freaking blessing. Because truly, despite the adherent dificulties it is a blessing.
I never want to be able to justify walking through life like that. With a step so fast and heavy you can feel it before you ever hear it.

No comments: