Monday, December 28, 2009

Whims-i cal?

I can’t help my feelings;
I’ll go out of my mind.
These players come to get me
’Cause they’d like my behind.
- Weezer


If I was suddenly cheesy and cliché would you hold it against me? Or would you appreciate my attempts at good humor and acknowledge how hard it is to truly convey an emotion without falling to the cliché.
And perhaps its only cliché because anything I could say, or would want to say has all been said before. Is that my fault?
But alas here I am again pondering whether a confession of my true emotions would yield either A) a positive appreciated result or B) a truly embarrassing rejection.
I know you wish I would just stop thinking so much, but as soon as I don’t I make the wrong choice. Every single time I didn’t think about it thoroughly and allow the better part of my psyche take over I make the decision to trust a truly untrustworthy person. I would argue perhaps that’s just me over-analyzing, maybe its just all in my head, but to the contrary I would be proved that my intial instinct to shut off was the correct one.
Then why is it one someone true and genuine comes along I do this thing where I pin all the sins of a former romance on said person? I know I might sound whiny, but I am trying not to complain, just understand.
Why do I do the things I do?
Maybe I make these mistakes so that when something truly worth putting myself out there comes along, I’ll be able to identify it instantly. That’s wishful thinking though, because my ability to decipher my emotions has been steadily getting worse.

No comments: