Thursday, March 25, 2010

Etc.

I think I've lost my ability to absorb. To take in new information. I'm so set in my ways I've suddenly gone from being such an open accepting person to this shut down closed off stone. I no longer need compassion to see past the words that someones using to see into the meaning of what they're saying. Or to see their intentions, good or bad, pure or corrupt. Whatever.
I've lost it. And I'll look at the people around me, and no matter how I try to look with different eyes, these are still my eyes. My only means of viewing the world through a lens. And because I am so set in my ways, I never need any understanding to try and see why someones acting the way they are. I just need my knowledge and experience... right? Or at least that's what everyone thinks.
I refuse to accept and believe that there is a certain point when we lose the ability to understand one another, and think not only of ourselves, but of the world around us.
I refuse to believe that we are all lost to our own minds.
I refuse.

No comments: