Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting even is not the best revenge, it's the only revenge.

Help me or
make me feel fine
I feel I've wasted my time.

- Brian Jonestown Massacre

Okay so maybe it's not getting even, or even revenge, but there is something truly satisfying in the idea that someone who thought they could do better isn't.
And maybe I spent too much time talking about how much I didn't care, and maybe that meant I did. But as soon as I stop thinking about it, I couldn't care less. And I hate that you kept this from me, cause you thought I'd care. And I hate that when I saw her for the first time I felt good, I felt damn good at the thought that you've down-graded, and my luck's only improved.
And at the same time it stung, because I saw that somewhere as much as I didn't think I did, I cared. In the deepest pits of my heart I could feel the ache, but it only lasted for a second. Which is a great improvement over before. If you're wondering why I'm writing this if I'm so over you this is why, because I want this to be the last thing I say on the subject.
I did care, a lot. And for quite some time, a really long time. But here's the thing, it was only when my loneliness was at its peak that you crossed my mind, that I really thought I cared. Only then. I did care, but now I see, I just used the idea of you to supplement my loneliness. That's why this lasted as long as it did, and I'm sorry. I'm over it, and it's done. This is my closure.

No comments: