Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm a muse a muse a muse ing

The liquor over here's stronger
I cannot stay very much longer
I don't know where I belong
But, sugar, it ain't in your arms
-Langhorne Slim

I wish I could be that girl that makes someones heart stop. Man that's so cheesy, but doesn't everyone want that? To just make someone completely speechless the first time they meet you? Okay so maybe I've been watching too many chick flicks, but hey what's wrong with wanting to be one of the most beautiful girls a man sees? I'd like to believe in love at first sight.

I don't mean the kind of movie love, when the guy and the girl know each other for like.. what a week? But they're both in relationships with people that they've been with for years, but for some reason after a week of knowing said person they decide to throw this couple year commitment down the drain. No not that love, but maybe Two For the Road kind of love. The 'I think you're cute but damnit you are such an ass' kind of love that shouldn't work but does. And maybe I've seen to many movies, and I am being unrealistic. Maybe I've been waiting for that burst of lightening that totally just blows my mind, when in reality there is no lightening burst or spark of electricity. Just plain attraction that turns into a sort of addiction.

Now don't mistake me, I don't want passion. I don't want flowers, or fancy dinners, and I am truly sick of having songs written about me. I just want 'I could wake up next to you everyday grow old together never run out of things to talk about' love. I want to get in fights that always end in laughter. I want love I don't question. I want forever love, but I'll never find it.
I know I'm the type of person who'll want something forever, and unless it's exactly what I've always wanted for forever it won't be enough.
It's funny how bad you can want something, and that desire will prevent you from getting it.
That would be me.

No comments: