Saturday, January 23, 2010

I like beer.

Never have I ever been
Clutching at your hair to cure you of some sin,
But that's the kind of state I'm in:
Swimming in a pool of godly medicine.
- Passion Pit


Can I first say that I am not an alcoholic? Cause I'm not. I really enjoy beer. I don't understand why that's such a strange thing to say to people. We Americans have this weird notion that when we drink we have to get drunk, right? Bullshit. I like drinking beers because they taste good! and the after effects are a plus, but I never drink with the intention I'm going to get drunk.
I'll admit that I have been drunk, really drunk before, but it's part of learning to drink. What I don't understand is when you've been drinking for a couple years and you are STILL trying to get shit faced. Who enjoys vomiting every 10 minutes? Or not remembering the previous night? AND you just look like an idiot.
Yes, I like beer.
Yes, I enjoy getting tipsy.
But if everytime you drink you get so drunk you can't take care of yourself, then why would you continue to put yourself through that?

Love yourself,
it's the only you you'll ever get to be.

No comments: